Everyone loves compliments. It doesn’t matter whether you’re the person giving or receiving the compliment, compliments make everyone feel good. Receiving a compliment makes you feel good, and giving compliments makes you feel about making someone else feel good. Compliments are the perfect example of a win-win situation.
However, there are some compliments that get WAY overused. When you compliment someone’s physical appearance, odds are that you have just given that person a compliment that they hear a lot. If you are trying to create a memorable impression or make someone feel special, complimenting their physical appearance isn’t the way to do it.
So you may want to give them a compliment that is not about their physical appearance instead. Unfortunately, these compliments are much less common in our society. And as a result, you may be having a hard time thinking of some. This is where I come in.
Listed below are fifty excellent examples of unique and meaningful compliments that you can pay somebody. I hope that you’ll be able to use some of the compliments listed below to brighten up someone’s day. (And who knows, maybe someone will read this blog post and use one of these compliments to make your day.)
1) I love being around you.
2) You are so talented at [insert skill].
3) Oh my gosh, you just made my day.
4) I always leave our conversations feeling so much better.
5) I can always be myself around you.
6) You have such a brilliant mind.
7) You are such a selfless person.
8) You have shown me how to be a kinder, gentler person.
9) You make being good at [insert skill] look so effortless.
10) I can’t imagine my life without you.
11) You always find a way to cheer me up.
12) You are a great listener.
13) I could hang out with you forever.
14) I could talk to you all day.
15) You are truly one of a kind.
16) You make everyone around you feel important. I love that about you.
17) I love how creative you are.
18) I love the way you make me feel.
19) I’m always so happy whenever I’m around you.
20) You are so funny; you should be a comedian.
21) You’re such a natural leader. I love that about you. You come across as kind not bossy.
22) You inspire me.
23) You make the world a better place.
24) I wish there were more people like you in the world.
25) I love how you never back down from a challenge.
26) You have the best laugh.
27) You have a such a good head on your shoulders.
28) I love how you’re always able to put others at ease. People always feel welcome around you.
29) You make me want to be a better person.
30) You are going to be such a great father someday.
31) I love that you’re always willing to go out of your way to help the people you love.
32) I love your enthusiasm for life.
33) If I were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one thing, I would choose you.
34) I thank the universe every day for leading me to you.
35) You are so funny.
36) I love how passionate you are.
37) You have such a great head on your shoulders.
38) I love the way that being around you makes me feel.
39) You’re like a real-life Prince Charming.
40) My life is better because you’re in it.
41) I love how you always see the glass as being half full.
42) Your passion for life is contagious.
43) I love how driven you are.
44) I love how you never give up.
45) Your voice is so sexy.
46) I love your unwavering enthusiasm for life.
47) You’re a gift to everyone you meet.
48) If we ever have kids, I hope they turn out just like you.
49) I love how you’re always willing to try new things.
50) You have a great family.
What are some compliments that you like to give? What are some compliments that you like to receive? Let me know. I love hearing from you. 🙂